- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sony Le PLEX HD ropes in Zoya Akhtar as community ambassador
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India’s (SPNI) soon-to-be-launched premium English movie channel Sony Le PLEX HD has roped in writer and director Zoya Akhtar as its community ambassador.
This will be Akhtar’s first association with a brand. She will represent the community that appreciates quality cinema.
“It was the passion for movies that I could see in the team of Sony Le Plex HD, which got me to take this project. Great movies and great storytelling is what I constantly chase, and this is exactly what Sony Le Plex HD has to offer. It’s the perfect space for movie lovers. Can’t wait for the launch,” Zoya Akhtar said.
The network has made significant investments in securing rights to movies from Hollywood. The premieres on the channel include ‘Spotlight’ (Academy Award winner for Best Feature Film and Best Original Screenplay for 2016), ‘ExMachina’ ‘Foxcatcher’ and ‘Straight Outta Compton’.
The channel will also feature critically acclaimed movies like ‘The Inglorious Basterds’, ‘Schindler’s List’, ‘Taxi Driver’, ‘Gladiator’, ‘Philadelphia’ and more.