- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Sony Le PLEX HD ropes in Zoya Akhtar as community ambassador
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks India’s (SPNI) soon-to-be-launched premium English movie channel Sony Le PLEX HD has roped in writer and director Zoya Akhtar as its community ambassador.
This will be Akhtar’s first association with a brand. She will represent the community that appreciates quality cinema.
“It was the passion for movies that I could see in the team of Sony Le Plex HD, which got me to take this project. Great movies and great storytelling is what I constantly chase, and this is exactly what Sony Le Plex HD has to offer. It’s the perfect space for movie lovers. Can’t wait for the launch,” Zoya Akhtar said.
The network has made significant investments in securing rights to movies from Hollywood. The premieres on the channel include ‘Spotlight’ (Academy Award winner for Best Feature Film and Best Original Screenplay for 2016), ‘ExMachina’ ‘Foxcatcher’ and ‘Straight Outta Compton’.
The channel will also feature critically acclaimed movies like ‘The Inglorious Basterds’, ‘Schindler’s List’, ‘Taxi Driver’, ‘Gladiator’, ‘Philadelphia’ and more.