- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Sony jumps to No. 7; Top 4 Hindi GEC order unchanged
MUMBAI: The fifth week of BARC ratings brought cheer to Sony Pictures Networks (SPN) as its flagship GEC Sony Entertainment Television (SET) returned to the top 10 rankings by grabbing the seventh slot for the week ended 5 February.
The top 4 order in the genre remained unchanged, with Star Plus, Colors, Zee TV and Zee Anmol retaining their respective positions in that order.
Star India’s second GEC Life OK improved its ranking by ascending to the fifth spot. Star Utsav, which was at the fifth spot in the previous week, moved one level down to the sixth spot.
SPN’s SAB TV climbed to the eighth position. Sony Pal, which was at the sixth slot, nosedived to the ninth position below its sibling SAB TV.
DD National, which has been breaching into the top 10 on the back of cricket, was ousted from the top 10 rankings as there was only one T20 match during the week.
Top 5 shows
As far as the week’s top five programmes, Colors and Star Plus had two shows each while Zee TV had one show.
The Hindi movie genre saw a shift in the top 3 order, with Zee Cinema taking the coveted No. 1 slot from Sony Max, which was relegated to the third slot. Star Gold moved a level up to the second position. Movies OK and &Pictures remained firm at the fourth and fifth slots respectively.
Three of the top five programmes of the week were Pro Kabaddi League matches that aired on Star Gold. Zee Cinema had two of its films in the top five.