- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Sony ESPN channels present ESPN Films documentaries on Republic Day
MUMBAI: Tomorrow on the occasion of Republic Day, ESPN and Sony Pictures Networks will showcase seven of its Emmy and Peabody Award-winning series of ESPN Films documentaries on Sony ESPN and Sony ESPN HD back-to-back.
This is the first time a sports channel will telecast seven documentaries on a single day giving fans a chance to binge on them over eight hours.
ESPN Films is a series that discovers themes beyond sports. The series aims to reform the art of the sports documentary in collaboration with a diverse range of prolific filmmakers. The documentaries consist of varied stories from the world of sports highlighting athletes, events and intersections with society at large.
With topics ranging from Nelson Mandela’s embrace of the 1995 Rugby World Cup as a force for racial unity, to the rise and fall of Pablo and Andres Escobar during the ‘Narco-Soccer’ era in Colombia, to the bravado and foolhardy courage of Muhammad Ali in his twilight, fighting to hold on to greatness—the range and poignancy of stories is timeless and will appeal to any Indian viewer who loves great storytelling.
Below is the list of documentary films scheduled for Thursday, 26 January