- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sony ESPN channels present ESPN Films documentaries on Republic Day
MUMBAI: Tomorrow on the occasion of Republic Day, ESPN and Sony Pictures Networks will showcase seven of its Emmy and Peabody Award-winning series of ESPN Films documentaries on Sony ESPN and Sony ESPN HD back-to-back.
This is the first time a sports channel will telecast seven documentaries on a single day giving fans a chance to binge on them over eight hours.
ESPN Films is a series that discovers themes beyond sports. The series aims to reform the art of the sports documentary in collaboration with a diverse range of prolific filmmakers. The documentaries consist of varied stories from the world of sports highlighting athletes, events and intersections with society at large.
With topics ranging from Nelson Mandela’s embrace of the 1995 Rugby World Cup as a force for racial unity, to the rise and fall of Pablo and Andres Escobar during the ‘Narco-Soccer’ era in Colombia, to the bravado and foolhardy courage of Muhammad Ali in his twilight, fighting to hold on to greatness—the range and poignancy of stories is timeless and will appeal to any Indian viewer who loves great storytelling.
Below is the list of documentary films scheduled for Thursday, 26 January