- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sony brings back horror series ‘Aahat’ after 4 years
MUMBAI: After a gap of four years, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is set to give its viewers the chills with the new season of its horror series ‘Aahat’ from 18 February onwards.
The sixth season of ‘Aahat’ will occupy a bi-weekly slot on the channel, airing at 11 pm on Wednesday and Thursday.
Since its premiere in 1995, ‘Aahat’ aired as a weekly show on Thursday in Season 1, Friday in Season 2 and Saturday in Season 3.
In the fourth season, the show aired as a bi-weekly on Friday and Saturday at 11 pm. In its fifth season in 2010, the show aired from Monday to Thursday at 11 pm. The channel wants to test the waters before taking the plunge, hence the bi-weekly strategy this year.
Sony Entertainment Television chief creative director Ajay Bhalwankar said, “We have seen that the appetite for horror as a genre has only increased over the years and thus we decided to bring back ‘Aahat’ for our audiences. Restless, visually sleek, and powered by lithe star performances, ‘Aahat’ offers dark, thought-provoking thrills and I am sure it will be appreciated by our viewers yet again.”
Produced by Fireworks Productions, each episode of ‘Aahat’ will dramatise real stories and feature a popular television actor.
While the first episode will star Shakti Anand, the upcoming episodes will see popular television faces like Sukhmini Sadana, Aradhana Uppal, Abhishek Tiwari and Gurpreet Bedi, among others.
The first episode will tell the tale of a couple who move into a new house that is haunted. The spirit befriends the couple’s son and starts troubling the family and the story spins into a most horrifying tale.