- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Sony brings back horror series ‘Aahat’ after 4 years
MUMBAI: After a gap of four years, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is set to give its viewers the chills with the new season of its horror series ‘Aahat’ from 18 February onwards.
The sixth season of ‘Aahat’ will occupy a bi-weekly slot on the channel, airing at 11 pm on Wednesday and Thursday.
Since its premiere in 1995, ‘Aahat’ aired as a weekly show on Thursday in Season 1, Friday in Season 2 and Saturday in Season 3.
In the fourth season, the show aired as a bi-weekly on Friday and Saturday at 11 pm. In its fifth season in 2010, the show aired from Monday to Thursday at 11 pm. The channel wants to test the waters before taking the plunge, hence the bi-weekly strategy this year.
Sony Entertainment Television chief creative director Ajay Bhalwankar said, “We have seen that the appetite for horror as a genre has only increased over the years and thus we decided to bring back ‘Aahat’ for our audiences. Restless, visually sleek, and powered by lithe star performances, ‘Aahat’ offers dark, thought-provoking thrills and I am sure it will be appreciated by our viewers yet again.”
Produced by Fireworks Productions, each episode of ‘Aahat’ will dramatise real stories and feature a popular television actor.
While the first episode will star Shakti Anand, the upcoming episodes will see popular television faces like Sukhmini Sadana, Aradhana Uppal, Abhishek Tiwari and Gurpreet Bedi, among others.
The first episode will tell the tale of a couple who move into a new house that is haunted. The spirit befriends the couple’s son and starts troubling the family and the story spins into a most horrifying tale.