- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sony Aath to air 2014 Fifa World Cup in West Bengal
MUMBAI: In a bid to cater to football lovers in West Bengal, Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) Bangla entertainment channel Sony Aath will broadcast live the 2014 Fifa World Cup with Bengali commentary.
The channel will telecast 56 matches in Bengali. The event kicks off on 12 June.
MSM senior vice president Tushar Shah said, “The one factor that unifies Sony Aath with the people of Bengal is our love for football. It is this love that has inspired us to offer 2014 Fifa World Cup to the people of Bengal in their very own language. Sony Aaath’s endeavour is to captivate this passionate audience by creating a holistic football experience by providing high quality sports content in a language which they love.”
Multi Screen Media CEO NP Singh said, “At MSM, we attempt to draw the consumer with differentiated content. Providing the viewer with live Bengali feed is just another testimony of our commitment to understanding what the viewers wish to see. We hope every football-loving Bengali enjoys the 2014 Fifa World Cup on Sony Aath.”
As a prelude to the event, the channel will run the ‘Live the Magic’ marketing campaign till the tournament kicks off on 12 June. The marketing campaign sees the star-studded support of John Abraham in a whole new football avatar encouraging viewers to join the party to catch the ultimate footballing extravaganza on Aath.
The inspiration for the campaign has been drawn from the global obsession of viewers assembling to catch the most anticipated international tournament in the world of football. The term ‘Live the Magic’ was coined to ignite the fervour and the passion for football among the enthusiasts, as well as to call out to the non-sports lovers to join the party.