- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Sircar orders probe after historian’s dig at DD’s ‘sloppy production’
MUMBAI: Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar is facing the heat once again. This time the dig came from NITI Aayog member Bibek Debroy and historian Pushpesh Pant for sloppy production of a programme titled ‘Kitabnama’.
Debroy tweeted, “Recorded with @PushpeshPant for Kitabnama. DD’s inefficiency remarkable. @jawharsircar please note.”
This was followed by a tweet from Pant: “@bibekdebroy @jawharsircar Shocking! Haven’t ever received such shoddy treatment or sat through such sloppy production in studio. Sabotage?”
“Crew in studio much too casual. Couldn’t care less. Apparently bred [bored] with programme. No professional pride. Kitabnaama n Namita resented?” he said in another tweet.
Sircar, on his part, immediately took note of it and ordered a probe into the matter: “Apologies: we’ll penalise! I have ordered full enquiry!”