- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Sircar orders probe after historian’s dig at DD’s ‘sloppy production’
MUMBAI: Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar is facing the heat once again. This time the dig came from NITI Aayog member Bibek Debroy and historian Pushpesh Pant for sloppy production of a programme titled ‘Kitabnama’.
Debroy tweeted, “Recorded with @PushpeshPant for Kitabnama. DD’s inefficiency remarkable. @jawharsircar please note.”
This was followed by a tweet from Pant: “@bibekdebroy @jawharsircar Shocking! Haven’t ever received such shoddy treatment or sat through such sloppy production in studio. Sabotage?”
“Crew in studio much too casual. Couldn’t care less. Apparently bred [bored] with programme. No professional pride. Kitabnaama n Namita resented?” he said in another tweet.
Sircar, on his part, immediately took note of it and ordered a probe into the matter: “Apologies: we’ll penalise! I have ordered full enquiry!”