- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sircar orders probe after historian’s dig at DD’s ‘sloppy production’
MUMBAI: Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar is facing the heat once again. This time the dig came from NITI Aayog member Bibek Debroy and historian Pushpesh Pant for sloppy production of a programme titled ‘Kitabnama’.
Debroy tweeted, “Recorded with @PushpeshPant for Kitabnama. DD’s inefficiency remarkable. @jawharsircar please note.”
This was followed by a tweet from Pant: “@bibekdebroy @jawharsircar Shocking! Haven’t ever received such shoddy treatment or sat through such sloppy production in studio. Sabotage?”
“Crew in studio much too casual. Couldn’t care less. Apparently bred [bored] with programme. No professional pride. Kitabnaama n Namita resented?” he said in another tweet.
Sircar, on his part, immediately took note of it and ordered a probe into the matter: “Apologies: we’ll penalise! I have ordered full enquiry!”