- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Simon Cowell to take judges table for 11th season of NBC’s ‘America’s Got Talent’
MUMBAI: Simon Cowell will be taking to the judges table for the upcoming 11th season of NBC’s reality show ‘America’s Got Talent’.
Cowell created the ‘Got Talent’ format that first launched with “AGT” in 2006. It is now the most successful TV format of all time.
“I am really thrilled to be joining ‘America’s Got Talent’ next season. What I love about this show is that it’s open to absolutely anyone. America has some fantastic talent just waiting to be discovered, and I would like that talent to come to our show, including any dogs who can sing!” said Cowell.
NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said, “Simon knows this format better than anyone and he’s been producing the show with us since the beginning, so we’re thrilled to have him to step in front of the camera and take his rightful place at the head of the judges’ panel. We welcome him to the on-screen NBC family.”
NBC Entertainment president alternative and late night programming Paul Telegdy said, “As the creator of the ‘Got Talent’ format, he genuinely loves the show more than anyone and is uniquely qualified as we take ‘AGT’ into its next decade. We can’t wait to see the incredible acts the show will uncover as we head into season 11.”
FremantleMedia US president of entertainment Trish Kinane who is also the executive producer of “America’s Got Talent’ said, “Quite simply, Simon Cowell is one of the best judges of talent in the world. He has a brilliant ability to identify acts with raw talent and develop them into superstars. We are delighted to have Simon’s honest critique at the judges table for season 11 of ‘AGT,’ entertaining audiences and sparking conversation as we search for America’s next great talent.”
Cowell will continue his role as executive producer of ‘America’s Got Talent’.