- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Shoaib Akhtar, Harbhajan Singh to judge comedy show on Life OK
MUMBAI: ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ director Pankaj Saraswat has come up with a new comedy show called ‘Indian Mazak League’ for Life OK.
The show is supposed to be different from existing comedy shows like ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, ‘Comedy Nights Live’ and ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’.
Former Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar and Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh will debut as judges on the show, which will feature comedians from different parts of India.
“I’ve had my share of fun in the dressing room joking with a-joke-a-minute contemporaries like Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik, as well as seniors like Wasim Akram and Inzamam-ul-Haq. There was so much banter and harmless leg pulling. Among Indian cricketers, Ashish Nehra and Yuvraj Singh are a riot, as also Virender Sehwag,” Akhtar told Mumbai Mirror.
Another highlight of the show is that it will mark the return of Raju Srivastava, who is known for his stint in ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’.
‘Indian Mazak League’ will be modelled on the IPL. It will have five teams, each team being spearheaded by a captain. Contestants will face rounds like quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals.
Srivastava will be the captain of the UP Bihar team, while Chandan Prabhakar, who is seen in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, will captain the Punjab team.