- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Shoaib Akhtar, Harbhajan Singh to judge comedy show on Life OK
MUMBAI: ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’ director Pankaj Saraswat has come up with a new comedy show called ‘Indian Mazak League’ for Life OK.
The show is supposed to be different from existing comedy shows like ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, ‘Comedy Nights Live’ and ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’.
Former Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar and Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh will debut as judges on the show, which will feature comedians from different parts of India.
“I’ve had my share of fun in the dressing room joking with a-joke-a-minute contemporaries like Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik, as well as seniors like Wasim Akram and Inzamam-ul-Haq. There was so much banter and harmless leg pulling. Among Indian cricketers, Ashish Nehra and Yuvraj Singh are a riot, as also Virender Sehwag,” Akhtar told Mumbai Mirror.
Another highlight of the show is that it will mark the return of Raju Srivastava, who is known for his stint in ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge’.
‘Indian Mazak League’ will be modelled on the IPL. It will have five teams, each team being spearheaded by a captain. Contestants will face rounds like quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals.
Srivastava will be the captain of the UP Bihar team, while Chandan Prabhakar, who is seen in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, will captain the Punjab team.