- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
SET to launch love story ‘Humsafars’ on 22 Sep
MUMBAI: After recently launching ‘Hum Hai Na’, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is going to launch a love story of two contrasting individuals in ‘Humsafars’.
Launching on 22 September, the new show will air at 10:30 pm from Monday to Thursday. It will occupy the vacant slot left by ‘Bade Ache Lagte Hai’. ‘Maharana Pratap’ was until now airing from 10–11 pm to fill in the slot, and will now change to a 30-minute show airing until 10:30 pm.
SET fiction programming creative director Virendra Shahaney said, “’Humsafars’ is an unconventional love story set against a fashion backdrop. It sheds light on how two completely different people come together owing to situations and find love in each other. With this show, we further fulfil our promise of presenting unique and entertaining programming content which is traditional yet modern.”
‘Humsafars’ stars Harshad Chopra and Shivya Pathania in the lead role. It will chronicle the lives of budding fashion designer Arzoo Nausheen Khan and a multimillionaire owner of a fashion house Sahir Chaudhary. The show is produced by 4 Lions Films.
4 Lions Films producer Gul Khan said, “Humsafars is a love story of two imperfect people who are perfect for each other. It’s a pleasure working with SET after 12 years. I directed ‘Shaheen’ on the channel last. Working with Ajay again is a great opportunity.”
Set against a Muslim backdrop, the show is a heart-tugging story of two opposites. Arzoo, who is from Lucknow, comes to Mumbai to fulfil her dream of becoming a fashion designer and ends up working for Sahir who owns a fashion house, Sayaara. What follows is an intense love story between two imperfect and contrasting individuals and what happens when their worlds collide.
The other star cast includes actors like Vibha Chibber, Sehban Azim, Madhumalti, Purva Parag, among others.