- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
SET rebranding to Sony Channel in South East Asia
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Television Networks has announced a new look for Sony Entertainment Television (SET) in South East Asia and beTV in the Philippines.
Debuting 15 October, Sony Channel will be the premier destination for female-skewing Hollywood entertainment.
Sony Channel will feature drama, comedy, lifestyle and reality programmes on TV, all airing close to the U.S. telecasts, together with feel-good movies. New programming will include ‘How to Get Away with Murder’, the latest drama from executive producer Shonda Rhimes. Other new series coming to Sony Channel include White House drama ‘Madam Secretary’, romantic comedy ‘Manhattan Love Story’, and comedic drama ‘Jane The Virgin’.
Sony Pictures Television senior VP, GM, Networks, Asia Hui Keng Ang said, “We believe there is an opportunity in the market for a general entertainment destination that is female focussed, but also male inclusive. These four new series are smart, edgy and driven by strong women — a perfect fit for the new Sony Channel brand”.