- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Sanjay Pugalia bids adieu to CNBC Awaaz
MUMBAI: CNBC Awaaz managing editor Sanjay Pugalia is bidding adieu to the channel. Pugalia’s last day at CNBC Awaaz is 24 May.
CNBC Awaaz executive editor Alok Joshi has been elevated to the role of managing editor of CNBC Awaaz as well as the network’s Gujarati business news channel CNBC Bajar, according to an internal email sent by Network18 CEO of news Rahul Joshi.
Dharmendra Singh, who is also the executive editor of the channel, has been elevated to deputy managing editor.
Pugalia is credited with building CNBC Awaaz right from scratch. The channel was launched in 2005 by TV18, which was promoted by Raghav Bahl then. CNBC Awaaz, which competes with Zee Business, is the numero uno channel in its category.
In the past, Pugalia was with Star News (now ABP News), Zee News, Aaj Tak, NavBharat Times, BBC Radio and Business Standard. He is one of the founding members of ‘Foundation for Media Professionals’.