- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Sahara One to launch two fiction shows
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Sahara One, operated by Trilogic Digital Media Limited (TDML), is all set to replace its fictional show ‘Kaanch Ki Gudiya’ in the 10 pm slot with ‘Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki’.
Sahara One will also launch a new show ‘Karishma’ at 10:30 pm. The new shows will go on air from 14 June.
‘Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki’, the flagship show of Sahara One, is all set to make a comeback. The story sensitively deals with the circumstantial travails of a young girl from an affluent family, who tries to adjust into a lower middle-class lifestyle and ultimately wins the love and respect of her husband and her hostile in-laws.
‘Karishma’ is based on the life of a girl who strives hard to carve a niche for herself in the male-dominated society and accomplishes her dreams. The role of this strong woman is portrayed by the popular Bollywood actress Karishma Kapoor; it was her first ever appearance on television. The show also stars other Bollywood biggies like Arbaaz Khan, Sanjay Kapoor, Ayub Khan, Arshad Warsi, Jugal Hansraj, Tinu Anand and Sheeba. The show is shot at various locales in New Zealand and Mumbai.
TDML COO Shivaani Jaisingh said, “Both the shows have fetched consistent numbers for us in the past. The shows feature big stars from Bollywood as well as television industry. Our aim is to cater to our TG some of the most compelling content with the most relatable faces.”