- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Sahara One beefs up primetime with a show from Geo TV
MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sahara One, operated by Trilogic Digital Media Ltd (TDML), has acquired a new show ‘Kaanch Ki Gudiya’ from Pakistan’s Geo TV.
The one-hour show will replace two existing shows, namely ‘Aakhir Bahu Bhi BetiThi’ and ‘Master Mind’.
Beginning 2 May, the show will air from Monday to Friday at 10 pm. The aim is to beef up the daily programming line-up of the channel.
The story revolves around a young orphan named Manaal and the life she has to lead, left to the mercy of the heartless people around her. The cast includes actors like Qavi Khan, Sami Khan, Yumna Zaidi, Sundus Tariq, Hina Khawaja Bayat and Hareb Farouq.
TDML COO Shivaani Jaisingh said, “As promised, we have brought this heart-wrenching story for the viewers. The show has already made waves in Pakistan. We have maintained our compelling content promise. The show will appeal to all our viewers from the Hindi heartland.”