- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Sahara One beefs up primetime with a show from Geo TV
MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sahara One, operated by Trilogic Digital Media Ltd (TDML), has acquired a new show ‘Kaanch Ki Gudiya’ from Pakistan’s Geo TV.
The one-hour show will replace two existing shows, namely ‘Aakhir Bahu Bhi BetiThi’ and ‘Master Mind’.
Beginning 2 May, the show will air from Monday to Friday at 10 pm. The aim is to beef up the daily programming line-up of the channel.
The story revolves around a young orphan named Manaal and the life she has to lead, left to the mercy of the heartless people around her. The cast includes actors like Qavi Khan, Sami Khan, Yumna Zaidi, Sundus Tariq, Hina Khawaja Bayat and Hareb Farouq.
TDML COO Shivaani Jaisingh said, “As promised, we have brought this heart-wrenching story for the viewers. The show has already made waves in Pakistan. We have maintained our compelling content promise. The show will appeal to all our viewers from the Hindi heartland.”