- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Sahara One beefs up primetime with a show from Geo TV
MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sahara One, operated by Trilogic Digital Media Ltd (TDML), has acquired a new show ‘Kaanch Ki Gudiya’ from Pakistan’s Geo TV.
The one-hour show will replace two existing shows, namely ‘Aakhir Bahu Bhi BetiThi’ and ‘Master Mind’.
Beginning 2 May, the show will air from Monday to Friday at 10 pm. The aim is to beef up the daily programming line-up of the channel.
The story revolves around a young orphan named Manaal and the life she has to lead, left to the mercy of the heartless people around her. The cast includes actors like Qavi Khan, Sami Khan, Yumna Zaidi, Sundus Tariq, Hina Khawaja Bayat and Hareb Farouq.
TDML COO Shivaani Jaisingh said, “As promised, we have brought this heart-wrenching story for the viewers. The show has already made waves in Pakistan. We have maintained our compelling content promise. The show will appeal to all our viewers from the Hindi heartland.”