- Twist in Sheena case: Indrani seeks to pin blame on Peter Mukerjea
- Ryan school murder: Court to hear accused bus conductor's bail plea today
- BCCI set to revoke ban on RCA soon
- Only 93 lakh 'green tax' spent by Delhi govt out of crores, RTI reveals
- Reliance Group shares plunge
Sahara One beefs up primetime with a show from Geo TV
MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Sahara One, operated by Trilogic Digital Media Ltd (TDML), has acquired a new show ‘Kaanch Ki Gudiya’ from Pakistan’s Geo TV.
The one-hour show will replace two existing shows, namely ‘Aakhir Bahu Bhi BetiThi’ and ‘Master Mind’.
Beginning 2 May, the show will air from Monday to Friday at 10 pm. The aim is to beef up the daily programming line-up of the channel.
The story revolves around a young orphan named Manaal and the life she has to lead, left to the mercy of the heartless people around her. The cast includes actors like Qavi Khan, Sami Khan, Yumna Zaidi, Sundus Tariq, Hina Khawaja Bayat and Hareb Farouq.
TDML COO Shivaani Jaisingh said, “As promised, we have brought this heart-wrenching story for the viewers. The show has already made waves in Pakistan. We have maintained our compelling content promise. The show will appeal to all our viewers from the Hindi heartland.”