- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
SAB TV’s ‘Family Funathon’ enters Limca Book of Records
MUMBAI: SAB TV’s family marathon ‘SAB Family Funathon’, which successfully flagged off two marathons in Ahmedabad and Lucknow last year, has now broken records.
The consumer initiative has been officially recognised by the Limca Book of Records as India’s first Family Marathon.
The consumer engagement initiative celebrates family and togetherness resonating the brand’s promise of ‘Asli Mazaa Sab Ke Saath Aata Hai.’
SAB TV senior EVP and business head Anooj Kapoor said, “SAB Family Funathon is our way of bringing to life what we as a channel proudly profess and stand for, fun and family. This time we added another dimension to it – fitness. We are extremely delighted that our initiative has been recognised by the Limca Book of Records. With most people not making that extra effort to stay fit, we decided to provide entertainment around a run.”
The activity features performances by music bands, magicians, stilt walkers and jugglers, celebrating family fun.
From donning costumes of a ‘fairy godmother’ to a ‘sorceress’ or a two-year-old dressed as a ‘tree,’ the marathon sees families turn up in unique outfits to participate and win the most coveted ‘Best Anokhi Costume Family’ and ‘Most Entertaining Family’ award. The event also recognises the ‘Most Courageous Participant’, which appreciates participation from individuals who fight all odds to run the marathon.
SAB Family Funathon claims to be an engaging initiative for viewers to connect with the channel.