- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
SAB to pay homage to late cartoonist with ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’
MUMBAI: Paying tribute to the eminent cartoonist and creator of ‘The Common Man’, SAB will re-telecast its popular comedy show ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’ with back-to-back episodes.
The channel will air the show on Saturday, 31 January, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
SAB TV senior EVP and business head Anooj Kapoor said, “India will definitely miss RK Laxmansaab, his blunt and honest depiction of Indian way of life is what kept the humour alive in daily newspaper reading. With ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’, we wanted to immortalise his ideas and thoughts on Indian television too. His ‘Common Man’ series fitted perfectly in line with the content proposition of our channel.”
Laxman’s character of a meek and silent common man captured the idiosyncrasies of life and politics in India. His opinions and thoughts on life in India were showcased not only through his cartoons but also on television through ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’.
Based on the books and works of RK Laxman, the show was produced by JD Majethia of Hats Off Productions and Dharmesh Mehta of NamanRaj Productions Pvt Ltd. It was originally telecast from 2011 to 2013 and captured episodes and incidents involving happenings in the life of ‘The Common Man’ through a cast featuring Atul Parchure as the common man, Vandana Pathak as his wife, Deepak Ghirwale as the retired Sanskrit teacher and more.