- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
SAB to pay homage to late cartoonist with ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’
MUMBAI: Paying tribute to the eminent cartoonist and creator of ‘The Common Man’, SAB will re-telecast its popular comedy show ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’ with back-to-back episodes.
The channel will air the show on Saturday, 31 January, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
SAB TV senior EVP and business head Anooj Kapoor said, “India will definitely miss RK Laxmansaab, his blunt and honest depiction of Indian way of life is what kept the humour alive in daily newspaper reading. With ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’, we wanted to immortalise his ideas and thoughts on Indian television too. His ‘Common Man’ series fitted perfectly in line with the content proposition of our channel.”
Laxman’s character of a meek and silent common man captured the idiosyncrasies of life and politics in India. His opinions and thoughts on life in India were showcased not only through his cartoons but also on television through ‘RK Laxman Ki Duniya’.
Based on the books and works of RK Laxman, the show was produced by JD Majethia of Hats Off Productions and Dharmesh Mehta of NamanRaj Productions Pvt Ltd. It was originally telecast from 2011 to 2013 and captured episodes and incidents involving happenings in the life of ‘The Common Man’ through a cast featuring Atul Parchure as the common man, Vandana Pathak as his wife, Deepak Ghirwale as the retired Sanskrit teacher and more.