- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
SAB to enter singing reality space with ‘Family Antakshari’
MUMBAI: Entering the singing reality space for the first time, Multi Screen Media’s family entertainment channel SAB is bringing back one of the most iconic reality shows of the ’90s ‘Antakshari’ in a refreshed format as ‘Family Antakshari’.
Slated to kick off on 27 September and to be airing at 8 pm on Saturday and Sunday, the show will build the channel’s weekend programming band.
A source informs, “SAB has been airing repeats on weekends for quite some time now. The channel now wants to build its weekends by launching new shows and this is a step in that direction. Earlier, it had shifted its popular show ‘FIR’ to the weekends, which received good response from the viewers.”
Taking its brand entity of ‘Asli Mazaa SAB Ke Saath Hai’ further, the musical game show will mark the return of Anu Kapoor who will act as a judge in the show. The comical duo Mantra and Sugandha Mishra will be the anchor of the TV series, which is produced by Gajendra Singh of Saai Baba Productions.
As the name suggests, ‘Family Antakshari’ will only have families of four as participants, and the rounds and names of the teams are presently in the planning stage.
The audition process is currently underway and there are no age restrictions concerning participation. The rules include recording an audition video at home and sharing the family’s happiest and saddest moments along with other talents. Each member will then have to sing their favourite song and play a game of ‘antakshari’.
The channel has roped in Karbonn Mobiles as title sponsor for the show, while Lifebuoy has come as powered by sponsor. Crystal is the associate sponsor for the show.
SAB had last ventured into the weekend reality space in 2013 with its first game show ‘SAB Khelo SAB Jeeto’, also involving families.