- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
SAB HD to launch in first quarter of FY17
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks (SPN) India is planning to launch the high-definition (HD) version of SAB TV in the early first quarter of FY17.
“We will launch SAB TV HD in the first quarter of the next fiscal. We are yet to finalise the date,” SPN India CEO NP Singh told TelevisionPost.com.
In December, the company had received the licence to launch the channel. SAB is known for its light-hearted family shows including ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma’, ‘Chidiya Ghar’ and ‘Badi Door Se Aaye Hain.’
In December 2015, the company launched Sony Max HD, which has a different positioning from its SD sibling. Prior to that, it had launched AXN HD in March 2015.
SPN has been adding HD channels aggressively to its bouquet. In January, it rolled out two new sports channels in SD and HD in partnership with ESPN.
The company currently owns and operates six HD channels, namely SET HD, Sony Max HD, Sony Six HD, Sony Pix HD, Sony ESPN HD and AXN HD.
The network also plans to launch Sony BBC Earth and Sony BBC Earth HD in joint venture with the BBC. The company is awaiting regulatory clearances to launch these channels, Singh informed.