- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
SAB captures the digital divide through new brand film
MUMBAI: Family entertainment channel SAB TV has launched its new brand film as part of its ‘Digital Divides, SAB Unites’ campaign. The film captures the split created in people’s personal lives by their extreme dependence on the digital world.
The brand film shows a common phenomenon faced by families today, that of the digital world encroaching on their personal lives. However, there is always some common thread that gets the family together.
SAB TV senior EVP and business head Anooj Kapoor said, “Our film takes a light-hearted dig at how the virtual world is beginning to overpower the real world which we inhabit. The fact that virtual world has made us individualistic and introverted is nicely contrasted with how SAB continues to make us extroverted and re-enthuses us to bond with our family through fun and entertainment.”
The satirical film shows how everyone in a joint family is busy on some gadget. In spite of all the family members being together, there is no conversation, as everyone is focused on chatting on their phones, playing games, surfing the net, or listening to music with earphones plugged in. It features the father of the family expressing his grievance through a song. Even after the commotion, everyone is still glued to their device and that is when he mentions the latest updates from SAB shows and everyone joins him to comment on their favourite programmes.
The reference highlights how SAB’s light-hearted shows entertain every member of the family and is a uniting factor for them all. The brand film accentuates SAB’s brand philosophy of ‘Asli Mazaa SAB Ke Saath Aata Hain’ by urging people to stay together in harmony and savour life as a unit rather than letting the virtual space overpower their personal lives.
The channel claims that the brand film has reached half a million views on YouTube and generated conversations on #DigitalDividesSABUnites. The media mix includes TV, DTH, cinema halls, digital and on-ground events.
SAB has also launched a contest and called on the audience to share unpleasant experiences as a result of imprudent use of mobiles and social media during family and friend get-togethers.