- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
SAB back at No. 5 in Week 29
MUMBAI: Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) comedy channel SAB TV is back at No. 5, according to BARC data for Week 29.
For the week ended 24 July, SAB jumped back to No. 5, while all the other channels also witnessed gains in their viewership.
It is pertinent to note that with effect from the 29th Week this year, BARC India has made some changes to its measurement system, including weekly-to-daily weighting and updation of planview module.
Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ was the top-rated show of the week. In the previous week, Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ had piqued ‘Saath Nibhana…’ to take the numero uno spot.
‘Kumkum Bhagya’ moved to the No. 2 spot in Week 29. Star Plus’ other popular property ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ entered the chart at No. 3 during the week.
The fourth and fifth positions were occupied by Colors with its shows ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ and ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi’ respectively.
The pecking order of the Hindi movie channels remained unchanged in the week, with Zee Cinema taking the lead, followed by Star Gold at second and Sony Max at the third spot.
All three channels saw some gain in viewership. Star Gold grew on the back of the telecast of Pro Kabbadi League 2 matches, which made it to the top five programmes of the week.
‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ on Zee Cinema was the top-rated movie of the week.
Star Gold occupied three positions on the chart due to three PKL matches. The second spot went to the opening game between U Mumba and Jaipur Pink Panthers.
The 12th game between Bengal Warriors and U Mumba became the fourth most-watched spot, while the fifth spot went to Match 6 between U Mumba vs Patna Pirates.
Sony Max managed to gain the third spot on the chart by airing ‘Yevadu’.