- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
SAB aims to strengthen weekends with ‘The Great Indian Family Drama’
MUMBAI: SAB TV is all set to launch a new comedy drama, ‘The Great Indian Family Show’, at primetime on weekends.
SAB had earlier shifted ‘FIR’ to weekends at 9 pm. ‘Family Antakshari’ followed and opened up the 8 pm band on weekends. However, ‘FIR’ moved to week nights sometime ago and the weekend slot was left empty, showcasing repeats of shows.
SAB is now back with an original show in the 9 to 10 pm slot. Launching on 3 January, ‘The Great Indian Family Drama’ will air on Saturdays and Sundays.
SAB TV senior EVP and business head Anooj Kapoor said, “SAB TV has constantly offered the best to its viewers in the genre of comedy by presenting various formats and unique content within its space. ‘The Great Indian Family Drama’ presents yet another interesting plot about the glamorous yet hilarious lifestyle of a Nawaab. The show is a part of our weekend programming and is along the lines of our belief in ‘Differentiation through Innovation’ as it shows the erstwhile nawabi set-up with bits of contemporary humour seamlessly woven into the story.”
Produced by Contiloe Productions, the story revolves around Nawaab Saab and his love for Begum Paro; they quarrel and disagree daily but there is humour in their marital life.
Contiloe Productions CEO Abhimanyu Singh said, “Doing comedy has always been very exciting for us. Our association with SAB TV goes a long way. With ‘The Great Indian Family Drama’, we get some well-known and talented senior artistes from the industry together to present a unique comedy drama with a Nawaabi twist.”
The show stars Satish Kaushik as Nawaab Jung Bahadur, Archana Puran Singh as Begum Paro, Rauf Lala as Shafu, Raaj as Sikandar and Navneet Nishan as Mohini.