- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Romedy Now to air ‘The Princess Diaries’ on 18 Dec
MUMBAI: English movie channel Romedy Now will air romantic comedy ‘The Princess Diaries’ as the ‘Romedy of the Month’.
The rom-com starring Anne Hathway and Julie Andrews will be aired on 18 December at 9 pm.
The film is based on the best-selling novel ‘The Princess Diaries’ by Meg Cabot. Directed by Gary Marshall (‘Runaway Bride’, ‘Pretty Woman’ and ‘Valentine’s Day’), this movie went on to become a commercial success and gain immense popularity among youngsters.
The film is about Mia Thermopolis (played by Anne Hathway), a shy teenager, whose life turns upside down when she learns that she is a princess! As she prepares to be on the throne, her strict grandmother Queen Clarisse Renaldi (Julie Andrews) is determined to give her ‘princess lessons’. However, Mia has no intention of become the ruler of a far-off country and leaving her simple life behind. Mia’s grandmother, on the other hand, insists it is her duty to accept the royal responsibilities that come with being the Princess of Genovia.