- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Romedy Now to air ‘The Princess Diaries’ on 18 Dec
MUMBAI: English movie channel Romedy Now will air romantic comedy ‘The Princess Diaries’ as the ‘Romedy of the Month’.
The rom-com starring Anne Hathway and Julie Andrews will be aired on 18 December at 9 pm.
The film is based on the best-selling novel ‘The Princess Diaries’ by Meg Cabot. Directed by Gary Marshall (‘Runaway Bride’, ‘Pretty Woman’ and ‘Valentine’s Day’), this movie went on to become a commercial success and gain immense popularity among youngsters.
The film is about Mia Thermopolis (played by Anne Hathway), a shy teenager, whose life turns upside down when she learns that she is a princess! As she prepares to be on the throne, her strict grandmother Queen Clarisse Renaldi (Julie Andrews) is determined to give her ‘princess lessons’. However, Mia has no intention of become the ruler of a far-off country and leaving her simple life behind. Mia’s grandmother, on the other hand, insists it is her duty to accept the royal responsibilities that come with being the Princess of Genovia.