- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Romedy Now launches special campaign to celebrate women’s day
MUMBAI: Romedy Now has launched a campaign, #ThanksButNoThanks, to celebrate Women’s Day on 8 March.
The channel has shot a video for the campaign that will be a montage of different women from different walks of lives coming together and expressing themselves.
These women include names like reality show contestant Priya Malik, melodious singer Jonita Gandhi, notable women from the field of journalism, advertising and fashion designing, including entrepreneur Sharin Bhatti, co-founder, Cuckoo – Club & Books on Toast Entrepreneur.
The channel has launched this video on its social media platform on 7 March, a day prior to the Women’s Day.
The channel has also associated with the stars of the movie ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ — Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, who will give their fans up-close and personal view on womanhood through digital videos. The channel will launch the videos of these celebrities on Women’s Day on its social media platform where they will be seen talking on various topics like the role of women in their life, what according to them has changed when it comes to women, what is their perception of women and the significance of Women’s Day.
Further, the channel is airing a special festival ‘Wonder Women’, focused on women power. The telecast is at 3 pm, from 6-10 March. The concept of ‘Wonder Women’ is in complete sync with the storyline of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ where at the end Badri (Varun Dhawan) understands the role and significance of women in society.