- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Rishtey is top FTA GEC first time in rural HSM
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s free-to-air (FTA) channel Rishtey became the No. 1 Hindi GEC in rural Hindi-speaking markets (HSM) for the first time since the rollout of rural data, reports BARC data for the period ended 9 December.
As per BARC, Rishtey, which had been steadily moving up the ladder in the last few weeks, dethroned Sony Pal from the top position. The c’s viewership grew by almost 10% over the previous week.
A big factor in Rishtey’s rise has been ‘Naagin 1’, which catapulted Rishtey’s older sibling Colors to the numero uno position.
There was no change in positions from third to eighth. Big Magic replaced Sony Entertainment Television (SET) at No. 10, while the latter moved to the 10th position, which was held the previous week by Big Magic.
‘Naagin 1’ continued to be the most-watched show in rural HSM, followed by ‘Baalveer’. Star Utsav’s ‘Diya Aur Bati Hum’ made way for ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya’ in the top 5. Zee Anmol’s ‘Jodha Akbar’ entered the top 5 while Sony Pal’s ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ was out of it.
In urban HSM, Star Plus retained its top position; however, the channel lost almost 11% viewership over the previous week. In Week 48, Star Plus had aired ‘The Jungle Book’, which contributed handsomely to its overall viewership tally.
SAB TV outpaced Zee TV to grab the fourth position. Zee TV slipped to the fifth. Rishtey and Zee Anmol swapped positions at No. 9 and 10.
While ‘Naagin 2’ continued to reign supreme, Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ became the second most-viewed show during the week. SET’s non-fiction shows were firing for the channel, with ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ and ‘Super Dancer’ making it to the top 5. ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya’ was in while ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ was out of the list.
In urban + rural HSM, there was no major change in the pecking order. Life Ok sneaked past Zee Anmol to take the seventh position.
Star Plus’ Saath Nibhaana Saathiya and SET’s Super Dancer were the new entrants to the top 5 list.