- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Rishtey Cineplex to launch on Freeview in the UK
MUMBAI: Expanding its reach in the UK, Rishtey Cineplex will launch on Freeview on Tuesday. It will thus become the first Hindi movie channel to launch on this platform.
The Viacom18 channel is already on Sky. The addition of Freeview as a carrier platform for Rishtey Cineplex will not only enhance the reach of the channel to a larger audience base but also strengthens Viacom18’s bouquet of offerings in the UK.
A free-to-air (FTA) channel, Rishtey Cineplex is distributed by IndiaCast.
As reported earlier, Rishtey Cineplex launched in the UK last year on FTA basis on Sky Network on channel #797. This was the third channel from Viacom18 portfolio to be launched in the UK.
Rishtey Cineplex, an extension of the Rishtey brand, also launched in North America (US and Canada).
The channel showcases the best from Viacom18’s library of films as well as newly acquired movies from across genres including dramas, romance, action and comedy.