- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Republic TV to provide VR content on its digital platform
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV will produce virtual reality (VR) content, which it will make available on its digital destination republicworld.com.
The announcement was made by Goswami at the Zee Melt conference.
VR is a computer technology that use headsets, sometimes in combination with physical spaces or multi-projected environments, to generate realistic images, sounds and other sensations that simulate a user’s physical presence in a virtual or imaginary environment.
Republic TV COO Jay Chauhan said that VR is not just a new content experience but also an additional monetisation opportunity.
“Virtual reality is the first of our initiatives to bring new content experiences to our audiences. It’s a cool way of storytelling because it transports people right to where the action is—no barriers stand in the way. Besides it also opens up new monetisation opportunities for us,” Chauhan said.
He further added, “Our VR content will be available on republicworld.com, as a new team and our newly constituted VR cell built in collaboration with experts from across the globe will begin rolling out amazing VR content in the weeks ahead.”