- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Republic TV to provide VR content on its digital platform
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV will produce virtual reality (VR) content, which it will make available on its digital destination republicworld.com.
The announcement was made by Goswami at the Zee Melt conference.
VR is a computer technology that use headsets, sometimes in combination with physical spaces or multi-projected environments, to generate realistic images, sounds and other sensations that simulate a user’s physical presence in a virtual or imaginary environment.
Republic TV COO Jay Chauhan said that VR is not just a new content experience but also an additional monetisation opportunity.
“Virtual reality is the first of our initiatives to bring new content experiences to our audiences. It’s a cool way of storytelling because it transports people right to where the action is—no barriers stand in the way. Besides it also opens up new monetisation opportunities for us,” Chauhan said.
He further added, “Our VR content will be available on republicworld.com, as a new team and our newly constituted VR cell built in collaboration with experts from across the globe will begin rolling out amazing VR content in the weeks ahead.”