- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Republic TV, Times Now see a spike in ratings in Wk 28
MUMBAI: Arch rivals Republic TV and Times Now both saw their viewership grow significantly in Week 28.
According to of BARC data, Republic TV, which continued its run as the top English news channel, saw a 60.13% jump in weekly impressions to 1.39 million.
Times Now’s weekly impressions expanded by a whopping 85.64% to 1.12 million.
The other channels in the top 5 witnessed a decline in impressions. CNN-News18 dropped to No. 5 while India Today TV jumped to No. 3. NDTV 24×7 moved to the fourth position.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
In urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), India TV moved to the fourth position while News18 India entered the top 5.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, India TV and ABP News swapped positions while other positions remained unchanged.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, ABP News and News Nation exchanged positions.
Top English business news channels
The English business news genre saw the entry of NDTV Prime to the top 5. The channel was at No. 3 with 50,000 impressions.
Top Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news channels saw no change in their pecking order.