- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Republic TV continues to lead even as peers return to top 5 in Week 22
MUMBAI: After an abnormal Week 21, which had seen several smaller channels make it to the top 5 of the English news genre due to ratings blackout of News Broadcasters Association (NBA) member channels, the 22nd week saw the genre return to normalcy.
The viewership of English news channels was not captured in Week 21 since they had removed watermark from their content to protest against BARC India’s decision to release Republic TV’s ratings.
However, they switched on their watermark on 26 May.
Republic TV continued to be at the top of the chart, albeit with a slight drop in viewership. It was closely followed by Times Now at No. 2. The top two channels had more than 60% of the English news genre viewership, BARC data for the week ended 2 June showed.
India Today TV was at No. 3, followed by NDTV 24×7 and CNN-News18.
Top English business news channels
CNBC TV18 reclaimed the top spot from ET Now. The other positions remained unchanged.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
The Hindi news urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM) did not see any change in top 4.
At No. 5, News Nation replaced India News.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
Zee News remained the top channel for the second consecutive week in urban HSM. The top 5 remained unchanged.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Zee News raced ahead of ABP News to grab the second spot.
News Nation and India News swapped their fourth and fifth positions respectively.
Top Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news genre saw no change in the pecking order.
- After Zee TV’s reign for a week, Star Plus reclaims top spot
- Zee Anmol becomes No. 1 Hindi movie channel in rural HSM; ‘Baahubali’ the most-watched film in Week 22
- Movies Now, Zee Cafe top in their genres in Week 22
- Arnab’s Republic TV sees viewership erosion; blackout week for NBA-linked English channels