- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Republic TV, Aaj Tak lead their genres in Week 23; ET Now dislodges CNBC TV18
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV retained the leadership position in the English news genre for the fifth week in a row.
The newly launched channel led Week 23 with 1.05 million impressions. Closely trailing Republic TV at No. 2 was Times Network’s Times Now with 0.74 million impressions.
The two channels had the lion’s share of the genre viewership. Every channel in the top 5 barring NDTV 24×7 saw a jump in viewership.
CNN-News18, which was languishing at No. 5 in Week 22, jumped to the third spot. India Today TV and NDTV 24×7 slipped by a rank each.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
Aaj Tak reclaimed leadership in urban Hindi-speaking market (HSM) from Zee News, which had grabbed the top slot in Week 22.
While Zee News slipped to No. 2, India TV, which had fallen to No. 4, swung back to the third position.
ABP News remained at the fourth spot, while News18 India saw no change in its position.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, ABP News bagged the second position while Zee News slipped to the third spot.
News18 India dropped out of top 5 while India News replaced it at the fifth position.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
In urban + rural HSM, News18 India secured the fourth position while India TV dropped further to the bottom of the top 5 table.
Top English business news channels
The English business news genre was witnessing an interesting battle for the top slot after weeks of domination by CNBC TV18. ET Now once again pipped CNBC TV18 to grab the top position.
BTVi jumped to the third position with an increase in weekly impressions, as NDTV Profit, which shut down on 5 June, was no longer in the top 5 even before its formal closure.
Top Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news channels witnessed some decline in weekly impressions.