- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Republic TV, Aaj Tak lead their genres in Week 23; ET Now dislodges CNBC TV18
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV retained the leadership position in the English news genre for the fifth week in a row.
The newly launched channel led Week 23 with 1.05 million impressions. Closely trailing Republic TV at No. 2 was Times Network’s Times Now with 0.74 million impressions.
The two channels had the lion’s share of the genre viewership. Every channel in the top 5 barring NDTV 24×7 saw a jump in viewership.
CNN-News18, which was languishing at No. 5 in Week 22, jumped to the third spot. India Today TV and NDTV 24×7 slipped by a rank each.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
Aaj Tak reclaimed leadership in urban Hindi-speaking market (HSM) from Zee News, which had grabbed the top slot in Week 22.
While Zee News slipped to No. 2, India TV, which had fallen to No. 4, swung back to the third position.
ABP News remained at the fourth spot, while News18 India saw no change in its position.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, ABP News bagged the second position while Zee News slipped to the third spot.
News18 India dropped out of top 5 while India News replaced it at the fifth position.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
In urban + rural HSM, News18 India secured the fourth position while India TV dropped further to the bottom of the top 5 table.
Top English business news channels
The English business news genre was witnessing an interesting battle for the top slot after weeks of domination by CNBC TV18. ET Now once again pipped CNBC TV18 to grab the top position.
BTVi jumped to the third position with an increase in weekly impressions, as NDTV Profit, which shut down on 5 June, was no longer in the top 5 even before its formal closure.
Top Hindi business news channels
The Hindi business news channels witnessed some decline in weekly impressions.