- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Republic ropes in Times Network’s Sundaram as group CFO
MUMBAI: Arnab Goswami’s TV and digital venture Republic has poached former Times Network CFO S Sundaram as group CFO.
In a career spanning three decades, Sundaram has served as CFO for 15 years in different organizations—his footprint running across finance, legal compliance and business development functions. He was CFO for the Times Network between 2005 and 2012. Sundaram now takes charge of the financial leadership at Republic.
Commenting on Sundaram joining his team, Goswami said, “I have known Sundaram closely for 12 years now. We at Republic are privileged to have a professional of his calibre on board. He’s easily one of the best CFOs in the business today. We are excited to have him with us.”
Republic CEO Vikas Khanchandani added, “Mr Sundaram’s range of experience in financial leadership is unparalleled in the broadcast business. His successful stint in the broadcast industry and three decades of experience will help Republic scale new financial benchmarks.”
On joining Team Republic, Sundaram said, “Having known Arnab as a colleague and friend for so long and seeing him rewrite the rules of television, I am excited to be with him at Republic and see him become India’s voice for the world.”
Sundaram has been a part of a large bouquet of businesses—consultancy (AF Ferguson & Co), FMCG (PepsiCo India), luxury consumer products & services (Bausch & Lomb India & INOX Leisure), internet (india.com) and TV news media (Times Global Broadcasting). His last stint was with the edutainment theme park KidZania India.
Apart from being hands-on with financial and compliance management, the depth of his start-up exposure has equipped Sundaram to be an active business participant, which is essential to build a robust business process within an efficient value chain from scratch.