- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Reliance Digital TV partners Vedic Maths Forum for new channel
MUMBAI: In a bid to foster tele-education, Reliance Digital TV has teamed up with the Vedic Maths Forum of India to launch a new channel called ‘The World of Vedic Maths’.
The first-of-its-kind channel will impart premium mathematical knowledge to subscribers via TV.
‘The World of Vedic Maths’ will be available on channel #559, at Rs 112, on a pay-per-subscription basis for a period of five weeks.
Reliance DTH business head Ashutosh Srivastava said, “We are happy to provide our subscribers with the best of mathematics education through our association with the Vedic Maths Forum of India. We are confident that this partnership will enable our viewers to be part of a meaningful and fun learning experience of mathematics.”
Reliance Digital will offer 16 hours of content spread across the five weeks, covering 35 individual topics in mathematics. The shows are packaged on a module basis and will be telecast every week. Channel subscribers will also get a chance to view the programme multiple times to better understand and comprehend all the topics in detail.
The Vedic Maths Forum India founder president Gaurav Tekriwal added, “This programme will enable thousands of students to better their maths skills even in this age of calculators and computers. Instead of making kids love the math they hate, why can’t we make math something they love to learn?”