- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
RBNL enhances senior management team with two new appointments
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd (RBNL) has made two new additions to its senior management team for the growth of its TV business.
Sahil Kangotra has been roped in as the business head, while Shalini Gupta has been appointed as the chief marketing officer for the television networks Big Magic, Big Magic Ganga, Big Thrill and Big Magic International.
In their respective functions, Kangotra and Gupta will report to RBNL COO Lavneesh Gupta. They will lead the television team through its next level of growth.
Commenting on the appointments, Lavneesh Gupta said, “Shalini and Sahil each bring on board extensive and diverse experience which will further augment our brand’s growth and performance. It is our immense pleasure to announce their association with our television business, and we are confident that their proficiency will enable us to lead us to our next level of growth.”
Kangotra will be responsible for growing revenues and the P&L of the television business. He joins RBNL from ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd, where he was the VP of corporate solutions group. With over 12 years of experience, his expertise lies in building growth through effective troubleshooting and leading through people management.
Joining RBNL with over 15 years of experience, Gupta will be responsible for driving market share and viewership along with creating brand saliency and buzz for the television network.
She stated, “I look forward to driving growth and higher market share for the television network and carve a distinct brand identity within the huge media clutter. Along with the leadership innovating team, I endeavour to create another success story for the television business.”
Gupta has been associated with brands like Bharti Airtel, Loop (BPL) Mobile, Parle Agro and Grey Worldwide across roles including corporate communications, brand communications and marketing.