- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Ratings highlights: Zee TV climbs to No. 2 on back of ‘Happy New Year’
MUMBAI: World TV premiere of Shah Rukh Khan-starrer ‘Happy New Year’ has propelled Zee TV to the second position in the Hindi GEC hierarchy, ahead of Colors.
Zee TV was the biggest gainer in the week ended 31 January, adding 77 GVMs (gross television viewership in million).
Life OK has come back to its No. 4 position in Week 5 of 2015. Sony Entertainment Television (SET) was the only other big gainer during the week.
Star Plus, Colors and SAB witnessed a fall in viewership, as per TAM data (sourced from subscribers) for the Hindi-speaking markets.
Here is how the Hindi GECs performed:
Star Plus was at the top with 616 GVMs, down from 659 GVMs last week.
Zee TV was at No. 2 with 485 GVMs, up from 408 GVMs.
Colors drops to No. 3 with 477 GVMs, down from 485 GVMs last week.
Life OK was back at No. 4 with 338 GVMs, up from 299 GVMs.
SAB was at No. 5 with 294 GVMs, down from 305 GVMs in the previous week.
SET was at No. 6 with 263 GVMs, up from 238 GVMs in the previous week.
Sony Pal was at No. 7 with 29 GVMs, up from 26 GVMs.
Zindagi was at No. 8 with 18 GVMs, down from 21 GVMs.
Sahara One was at No. 9 with 8 GVMs, down from 9 GVMs.
Epic was at No. 10 with 8 GVMs, up from 7 in the previous week.