- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Ratings highlights: Star Plus gains big in Week 4 of 2015
MUMBAI: Foremost Hindi general entertainment channel Star Plus has seen a big jump in viewership in the fourth week of 2015 on the back of ‘Star Guild Awards’ and an increase in viewership of its fiction shows.
The channel added 46 GVM (gross television viewership in millions) to its previous week’s score.
Colors witnessed no change in viewership, while Zee TV saw a marginal fall. Life OK and SAB saw a decline of 17 and 13 GVM respectively.
As per TAM data (sourced from subscribers) for the week ended 24 January for the Hindi-speaking markets, the pecking order remained unchanged.
Here is how the Hindi GECs performed:
Star Plus was at the top with 659 GVM, up from 613 GVM last week.
Colors was at No. 2 with 485 GVM, same as last week.
Zee TV was at No. 3 with 408 GVM, down from 417 GVM.
SAB continued at No. 4 for the second consecutive week with 305 GVM, down from 318 GVM in the previous week.
Life OK was to No. 5 with 299 GVM, down from 316 GVM.
SET was at No. 6 with 238 GVM, up from 235 GVM in the previous week.
Sony Pal was at No. 7 with 26 GVM, down from 29 GVM.
Zindagi was at No. 8 with 21 GVM, down from 24 GVM.
Sahara One was at No. 9 with 9 GVM, down from 11 GVM.
Epic was at No. 10 with 7 GVM, down from 8.3 in the previous week.