- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Ratings highlights: Star Plus, Colors gain viewership in Week 12
MUMBAI: Star Plus and Colors were the only two Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) that posted viewership gain in the week ended 22 March.
While Star Plus added 32 GVMs (gross television viewership in million), Colors took in 29 GVMs more.
The pecking order, however, remained unchanged, as per TAM data (sourced from subscribers) for week 12 of 2015 for the Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Here is how the Hindi GECs performed:
Star Plus was at the top with 624 GVMs, up from 592 GVMs last week.
Colors was at No. 2 with 457 GVMs, up from 428 GVMs last week.
Zee TV was at No. 3 with 394 GVMs, down from 407 GVMs.
Life OK was at No. 4 with 302 GVMs, down from 307 GVMs.
SAB was at No. 5 with 275 GVMs, down from 288 GVMs in the previous week.
SET was at No. 6 with 201 GVMs, down from 221 GVMs in the previous week.
&TV was at No. 7 with 99 GVMs, down from 105 GVMs.
Sony Pal was at No. 8 with 49 GVMs, up from 42 GVMs.
Zindagi was at No. 9 with 21 GVMs, down from 23 GVMs.
Sahara One was at No. 10 with 9 GVMs, same as last week.
Epic was at No. 11 with 7 GVMs, same as the previous week.