- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Ratings highlights: A weak start for Sony Pal
MUMBAI: Sony Pal, Multi Screen Media’s new Hindi general entertainment channel, has had a weak start. Launched on 1 September, the channel mopped up 11 GVM (gross television viewership in million) in its first week.
As per TAM data for week ended 6 September (sourced from subscribers) for the Hindi-speaking markets (C&S, 4+ years), Sony Pal ranked 9th among the Hindi GECs.
Star Plus remained at the top, followed by Zee TV and Colors.
Life OK has jumped back to the fourth position while SAB stood at No. 5. Sony Entertainment Television (SET) once again dropped to the sixth position.
Here is how the Hindi GECs performed:
Star Plus remained on top with 591 GVM, up from 562 GVM in the trailing week.
Zee TV was No. 2 with 452 GVM, down from 462 GVM.
Colors was at No. 3 with 399 GVM, up from 388.
Life OK was at No. 4 with 326 GVM, up from 267.
SAB was 5th with 288 GVM, from 281.
SET was No. 6 with 287 GVM, down from 317.
Zindagi was at 7th with 35 GVM, from 29 last week.
Sahara One was at 8th with 14 GVM, up from 13 GVM
Sony Pal was at 9th with 11 GVM.