- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Punit Goenka honoured with ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award at APEA
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) MD and CEO Punit Goenka has been conferred the honour of ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ by Enterprise Asia at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA), held last evening in New Delhi.
The award was presented by former chief election commissioner Dr GV Krishnamurthy. Goenka was honoured for leading an ever-growing media conglomerate with passion and determination.
The APEA recognises and honours business leaders who have shown outstanding performance and tenacity in developing successful businesses within the region.
On his win, Goenka said, “I accept this award on behalf of the entire Zee family, for it is the result of their hard work and dedication. Our visionary chairman Subhash Chandra pioneered the private satellite television industry way back in the year 1992, and has proven the importance of foreseeing the market demands well in advance, setting higher benchmarks of entrepreneurship for all of us at Zee.
“During the initial days of my career at Zee, I came across this beautiful quote on entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker, which said that ‘A true entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.’ In my opinion, it is the best definition of a true entrepreneur in today’s era. An entrepreneur in this era has to be all ears to these ever-rising demands of today’s consumers across the globe, and has to satisfy the consumers, by proactively presenting them customised offerings.”
Recently Goenka also won the Media Person of the Year award at the IAA Leadership Awards.