- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Punit Goenka bags ‘40 under Forty’ Business Leader award
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) MD and CEO Punit Goenka has bagged the Economic Times’ ‘40 under Forty’ India’s Hottest Business Leaders award 2014, held in Mumbai.
He was presented the award by HDFC executive chairman Deepak Parekh.
Goenka earlier received the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2014 and was also named Media Person of the Year at the IAA Leadership Awards.
Apart from Goenka, The Walt Disney Company India managing director Siddharth Roy Kapur also took home the award for ‘40 under Forty’.
The list of the 40 winners was finalised by a study conducted by The Economic Times and Spencer Stuart to identify India Inc’s upcoming leadership.
Out of the original list of 2,000 leaders, the final 40 were identified based on a combination of quantitative business results like growth, margins and turnaround, as well as qualitative attributes like innovation, reputation, people leadership and contribution to the ecosystem.
The jury was chaired by Parekh, and other members on the panel were Spencer Stuart India MD Anjali Bansal, Tata Communications chairman Subodh Bhargava, Boston Consulting Group Asia Pacific chairman Janmejaya Sinha, Hindustan Unilever non-executive chairman and Unilever COO Harish Manwani, PepsiCo India chairman and CEO D Shivakumar, and Info Edge India CEO and co-founder Sanjeev Bhikchandani.
Other notable names who received the honour were Flipkart co-founder and CEO Sachin Bansal, Parle Agro CEO Schauna Chauhan and IndiGo Air president Aditya Ghosh, among others.