- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Pulak Bagchi bids adieu to Star
MUMBAI: Star India SVP legal and regulatory Pulak Bagchi has put in his papers after more than a seven-year stint. He is currently serving his notice period and his last day at the company is 30 June.
Bagchi, who has been a part of the TV broadcast sector for almost nine years, is changing the industry. He will move to the infrastructure sector.
At Star, Bagchi handles regulatory affairs, policy and advocacy issues, legislation and governance matters besides contracts and litigations. He previously held positions with MSM Discovery where he headed the legal and regulatory department and with Vodafone Essar.
With experience of more than 19 years, Bagchi was also a practicing advocate in Calcutta High Court and the Indian Supreme Court, being a partner with Singhania & Co. LLP. He also represents broadcasters in the Joint Task Force formed by the government for driving pan-India digitalisation.
Bagchi is on the advisory panel of Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) and is a representative member of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). Further, he represents the broadcasting industry in the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), which is the apex standard setting body for India.