- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Pulak Bagchi bids adieu to Star
MUMBAI: Star India SVP legal and regulatory Pulak Bagchi has put in his papers after more than a seven-year stint. He is currently serving his notice period and his last day at the company is 30 June.
Bagchi, who has been a part of the TV broadcast sector for almost nine years, is changing the industry. He will move to the infrastructure sector.
At Star, Bagchi handles regulatory affairs, policy and advocacy issues, legislation and governance matters besides contracts and litigations. He previously held positions with MSM Discovery where he headed the legal and regulatory department and with Vodafone Essar.
With experience of more than 19 years, Bagchi was also a practicing advocate in Calcutta High Court and the Indian Supreme Court, being a partner with Singhania & Co. LLP. He also represents broadcasters in the Joint Task Force formed by the government for driving pan-India digitalisation.
Bagchi is on the advisory panel of Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) and is a representative member of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). Further, he represents the broadcasting industry in the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), which is the apex standard setting body for India.