- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Prime Focus World working with H’wood studios for summer flicks
MUMBAI: Prime Focus World, the creative subsidiary of Prime Focus, has emerged as the go-to address for most Hollywood studios as they gear up for their summer releases for 2014, which kick-started with ‘Maleficent’ and ‘Edge of Tomorrow’.
The global visual entertainment services provider is closely working with major studios for their summer line-up. Prime Focus World’s visual effects and stereo 3D conversion teams are presently working on 12 summer releases this year.
The move is spurred by the success of movies including ‘Gravity’ (Warner Bros), ‘Noah’ (Paramount), ‘Non Stop’ (Silver Pictures) and ‘The Amazing Spiderman 2’ (Sony). Its recent credits included Walt Disney Pictures’ dark fantasy adventure ‘Maleficent’ starring Angelina Jolie and Warner Bros Pictures’ sci-fi flick ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ starring Tom Cruise.
Prime Focus founder and chairman and Prime Focus World CEO Namit Malhotra said, “2014 is seeing the coming of age of Prime Focus World as a credible creative services provider to the biggest studios in Hollywood. There is genuine appreciation for our creative prowess, global scale and most importantly our unique business model, all of which have matured over the years. The spectacular success of films that we have collaborated on has only reinforced our overall value proposition in Hollywood.”
In the past five years, Prime Focus World has grown into a global operation with facilities across major content markets like London, Los Angeles, Mumbai, Vancouver, Beijing, Chandigarh and Goa, with team strength of 3,000 plus people.