- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Prasar Bharati CEO Jawahar Sircar puts in his papers
NEW DELHI: Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar has put in his papers ahead of the expiry of his term in February next year.
It is, however, not clear yet if the government would relieve Sircar before the end of his term.
Former Information and Broadcasting secretary Sunil Arora is tipped to succeed Sircar. Arora was recently appointed as an advisor in Prasar Bharati.
Sircar has been trying to usher in an era of transparency in Doordarshan. A step in this direction has been the decision to auction programming slots on Doordarshan to private content production houses.
Sircar had earlier told TelevisionPost.com that the auction of programming slots would bring in transparency. “If we get through this, it will be a major victory for transparency. There is a small section in Doordarshan that is against any sort of transparency, but I am confident that we will be able to complete the process. This is the first time we are going for open bidding,” he had said.