- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Prasar Bharati CEO Jawahar Sircar puts in his papers
NEW DELHI: Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar has put in his papers ahead of the expiry of his term in February next year.
It is, however, not clear yet if the government would relieve Sircar before the end of his term.
Former Information and Broadcasting secretary Sunil Arora is tipped to succeed Sircar. Arora was recently appointed as an advisor in Prasar Bharati.
Sircar has been trying to usher in an era of transparency in Doordarshan. A step in this direction has been the decision to auction programming slots on Doordarshan to private content production houses.
Sircar had earlier told TelevisionPost.com that the auction of programming slots would bring in transparency. “If we get through this, it will be a major victory for transparency. There is a small section in Doordarshan that is against any sort of transparency, but I am confident that we will be able to complete the process. This is the first time we are going for open bidding,” he had said.