- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Prabhas-starrer ‘Rebel 2’ most-watched Hindi film in Wk 24
MUMBAI: The world television premiere of ‘The Return of the Rebel 2’ on Sony Max was the most-watched Hindi movie in Week 24.
As per BARC India data, ‘Rebel 2’ led the top five programmes with 6.3 million impressions in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
The Telugu action thriller aired on 10 June at 8 pm, according to BARC data for the week ended 16 June.
The Hindi-dubbed South Indian movie stars Prabhas, Anushka Shetty and Hansika Motwani in pivotal roles. Prabhas plays dual roles in the movie—Billa and Ranga.
The world TV premiere of ‘Machine’ on Zee Cinema also featured in the top 5. The premiere was at No. 3 on the list with 4.45 million impressions.
Top Hindi movie channels in U+R HSM
Zee Cinema, which was at the fourth position the previous week, jumped to the third spot. Rishtey Cineplex slipped to the fifth spot.
Star Utsav Movies entered the toppers’ list, while Zee Anmol Cinema exited the top 5.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Zee Cinema jumped to the second position, pushing Star Gold to No. 3. Movies OK and &Pictures swapped positions.
Top movies in Urban HSM
‘The Return of Rebel 2’ was the top movie in urban as well as rural HSM.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
Star Utsav Movies pushed Zee Anmol Cinema to the third spot in rural HSM, thus grabbing the second position. Rishtey Cineplex and Sony Max each dropped a rank.
Top movies in Rural HSM
Sony Wah had four of its movie screenings in the top five.