- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
&pictures to present world TV premiere of ‘Badlapur’
MUMBAI: &pictures is all set to present the world television premiere of ‘Badlapur’ on 20 September at 8:30 pm.
To build the buzz, the channel will launch a first-of-its-kind initiative called ‘The Badlapur Hunt’ for Mumbaikars on 16 September. It will give viewers a chance to be Varun Dhawan for a day.
Recreating the elements from the film with the central theme of ‘How far will you go for those you love?’, the Badlapur Hunt will give a platform to viewers to do the same for their loved ones.
The hunt enables five teams of two individuals each to participate. Winners stand a chance to win a state of the art tablet. The teams will be selected via generic contests conducted on various media platforms including social media, newspapers and radio.
ZEEL Hindi Movie Channels business head Ruchir Tiwari said, “Honouring our commitment of providing the latest and best films, we at &pictures always aim to interact and engage with our audiences through various creative ways. The Badlapur Hunt is one such innovative contest which will be to gain maximum traction on our strong digital platforms. We have a more direct relationship with our audiences than we ever did before and a distinctive 360 degree campaign across mediums is also planned.”
It will begin with one person from each team being taken away to an undisclosed location. In order to search for their missing team member, their respective partners (just like Varun Dhawan in the film) will have to solve clues and perform tasks handed out by &pictures team at strategic locations across the city.