- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
&Pictures to premiere ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’ on 15 Dec
MUMBAI: &Pictures will host the world television premiere of Suhail Tatari’s film ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’ on 15 December at 8 pm.
Written by Vikram Bhatt, the film is based on a real-life medical negligence case. The film features Tisca Chopra, Kay Kay Menon and Paoli Dam in lead roles.
The film starts with an eight-year old boy, Ankur Arora, being treated by Dr Asthana (Kay Kay Menon), the chief surgeon of the hospital. Due to his carelessness, Ankur loses his life during a minor operation. The story takes a turn when Ankur’s mother Nandita (Tisca Chopra) courageously resorts to the court of law and starts her fight for justice. Lawyer Kajori (Paoli Dam) unleashes a battle against the influential Dr Asthana, only to find everything going against them. Will Ankur’s mother get justice or will the influential win over the righteous?
Actress Tisca Chopra stated, “Medical negligence is a reality and we must arm ourselves to fight against it. This is one such story of a brave mother. With ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’ coming on &Pictures, I hope more people get to this gut-wrenching tale of the underdog versus the rich and powerful. And how conviction can win the battle.”