- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
&Pictures to launch Friday H’wood film fest on 11 Nov
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel &Pictures is hosting a Hollywood film festival titled ‘Friday Hollywood Nights’ for its younger audience. The festival will air Hollywood blockbusters every Friday at 8.30 pm, throughout November.
‘Friday Hollywood Nights’ will flag off with the premiere of Gerald Butler’s ‘300’ in Hindi on 11 November. Directed by Zack Snyder, the film is an epic fantasy war film based on the 1998 comic series of the same name, created by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. Miller served as executive producer and consultant on the film.
The title of the film refers to the 300 Spartans headed by King Leonidas (Butler) in the Battle of Thermopylae against the Persian King Xerxes and his army of more than 300,000 soldiers.
This will be followed by ‘Monkey King 2’ on 18 November. It is a story of a young Buddhist monk named Tang Sanzang who is sent on a journey to India to collect Buddhist scriptures. All goes well until the monk is stranded in a wasteland and must plot his escape.
Samuel L Jackson-starrer ‘Snakes on a Plane’ will air on 25 November. The film is about a murderer who plans to kill the witness to a crime with hundreds of different species of snakes on an airplane. How everyone survives is what forms the crux of the film.