- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
&Pictures to launch Friday H’wood film fest on 11 Nov
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel &Pictures is hosting a Hollywood film festival titled ‘Friday Hollywood Nights’ for its younger audience. The festival will air Hollywood blockbusters every Friday at 8.30 pm, throughout November.
‘Friday Hollywood Nights’ will flag off with the premiere of Gerald Butler’s ‘300’ in Hindi on 11 November. Directed by Zack Snyder, the film is an epic fantasy war film based on the 1998 comic series of the same name, created by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. Miller served as executive producer and consultant on the film.
The title of the film refers to the 300 Spartans headed by King Leonidas (Butler) in the Battle of Thermopylae against the Persian King Xerxes and his army of more than 300,000 soldiers.
This will be followed by ‘Monkey King 2’ on 18 November. It is a story of a young Buddhist monk named Tang Sanzang who is sent on a journey to India to collect Buddhist scriptures. All goes well until the monk is stranded in a wasteland and must plot his escape.
Samuel L Jackson-starrer ‘Snakes on a Plane’ will air on 25 November. The film is about a murderer who plans to kill the witness to a crime with hundreds of different species of snakes on an airplane. How everyone survives is what forms the crux of the film.