- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
&pictures to air the first Arab Indo Bollywood Awards on 2 Aug
MUMBAI: &pictures is all set to air the first ever Arab Indo Bollywood Awards show on 2 August.
The event will air 8:30 pm onwards and is the first of its kind initiative to promote Indian cinema in the Arab World. Held in Dubai, the award ceremony acknowledged and celebrated the best from various fields of Hindi cinema.
The title sponsor of the event was Lakme Absolute Sculpt and was co-powered by Mahindra Centuro and Ditto TV.
Hosted by Karan Johar and Manish Paul, the event saw the presence of over 150 Bollywood stars in Dubai including Salman Khan.
The actor performed to the tunes of ‘Jumme Ki Raat’ from ‘Kick’ and ‘Mashallah’ from his film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’.
The show opened with Jacqueline Fernandez dressed as Princess Jasmine from Aladdin performing on her hit numbers from recent times. Another crowd favourite Priyanka Chopra had a daredevil entry on a hot air balloon. In her golden attire, she personified the AIBA trophy. Besides that, Meet Brothers along with Kanika Kapoor also entertained the audiences with their collaborative performances.
Bollywood heartthrob Varun Dhawan also performed on foot taping numbers like ‘Tera Hero Idhar Hai’, ‘Saturday Saturday’ and ‘Jee Karda’.
In a fun act, Paul put the cast of ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ on an interesting task. On the lines of live Dubsmash act, Ranveer Singh was asked to lip sync Prithviraj Kapoor’s dialogues from legendary ‘Mughal-e- Azam’. He also caught Parineeti Chopra off-guard by testing her knowledge with a quiz on Bollywood actresses.
Spotted at the golden carpet were Arbaaz Khan, Shraddha Kapoor, Remo D’Souza, Kriti Sanon, producer Ritesh Sidhwani and others.