- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
&pictures HD to premiere Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor starrer ‘Tamasha’ on 30 April
MUMBAI: Taking its HD first premiere premise forward, ZEEL-owned Hindi movie channel &pictures HD will premiere Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor starrer ‘Tamasha’ on 30 April at 8 pm.
The channel has a property called &HD Exclusive in which the channel showcases carefully handpicked movies exclusively for its viewers in an effort to provide them wholesome entertainment. Under this initiative, the channel plans to premiere more films going forward. Tamasha is first in line as part of that strategy.
Directed by the luminous Imtiaz Ali, the Deepika Padukone & Ranbir Kapoor starrer is about the journey of someone who has lost his edge trying to behave according to socially acceptable conventions. It is based on the central theme of abrasion and loss of self that happens as one attempts to fit in society.
Shot in exotic locations of Corsica, Tokyo, Delhi, Shimla and Kolkata, the movie revolves around Ved (Ranbir Kapoor) and his unfulfilled passions. A demanding father sets Ved upon a path not of his own choosing. Turns out that the obedient, well-behaved boy that Ved used to be has grown into the obedient, well-behaved young adult, but not in any way that does him any good. The breakthrough comes when he meets Tara (Deepika Padukone) and the real Ved emerges, putting his yes-sir, no-sir, three-bags-full-sir robotic existence behind him, venturing into a world of fun and frolic. But will he discover his true self, his calling in the process?