- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
&pictures brings in a Sunday dose of Hollywood in Hindi
MUMBAI: Bollywood movie channel &pictures is adding a dose of Hollywood to its line-up starting 2 March. The channel is bringing in Hollywood movies dubbed in Hindi in a new time band called ‘Hollywood Sundays’ at 12 pm.
In order to strengthen its line-up and lend freshness to the viewing experience, the channel has also acquired 40 Hollywood films dubbed in Hindi from Sony Pictures. ‘Hancock’ will be the first movie to be aired in the band on 2 March at 12 pm.
The list of films includes movies across various genres like action, action comedy, rom-coms, horror and animated movies. The month of March will see a mix of action and action comedy which include movies such as ‘Hancock’, ‘Karate Kid’ (1984), ‘The Adventures of Tintin’, ‘Resident Evil’ and ‘Terminator Salvation’.
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) marketing head for national channels Akash Chawla said, “&pictures’ programming line-up caters to the progressive Indian mindset rooted in traditions. With ‘Hollywood Sundays’ we are offering our viewers a world-class experience of Hollywood movies in their comfort zone of Hindi cinema. Sunday afternoons are usually family time spent together watching television; hence, it was the ideal time to showcase ‘Hollywood Sundays’.”
Hollywood movies will also be promoted on social media through a contest that will ask viewers to send Hindi movie names for the Hollywood movies.
Apart from adding ‘Hollywood Sundays’, the channel is also launching two new bands ‘Pictures@8’ and ‘Comedy Ka Siyapaa’ from 3 March onwards.
‘Pictures@8’ will feature recently released popular Hindi movies.
Moreover, with the release of ‘Total Siyapaa’ around the corner, &pictures, which is the co-producer of the film, is all set to bring a comedy film festival called ‘Comedy Ka Siyapaa’. The week-long movie festival will begin from 3 March at 2 pm and will include a comedy riot of movies including ‘All the Best’, ‘Andaz Apna Apna’, ‘Double Dhamaal’, ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ and ‘Deewane Huye Paagal’.