- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Paras Sharma joins Viacom International Media Networks
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks has appointed Paras Sharma as MTV Brand, Comedy Central and Digital Media Asia VP.
Paras starts on 17 March and will be based in Singapore, reporting to executive VP, MD Indra Suharjono. In this newly expanded role, Paras will spearhead implementation of new strategies to drive synergies and grow the brands across the different lines of businesses and platforms in Asia.
Prior to VIMN, Sharma was Fox International Channels (Fic) VP, responsible for leading integrated marketing and communication programmes across 24 markets in Asia, overseeing Consumer, Affiliate & Trade Marketing, Corporate Communications, On-Air Promotions & Digital Media.
Paras has also worked in ad agencies including JWT and McCann Erickson, and handled a wide mix of global and national brands across categories including Citibank, MasterCard, adidas, Bacardi Martini, Pond’s, Nestle & Goodyear.
Paras replaces Sian Ju Tan. Serving her notice period, Tan has been part of the MTV family for over 18 years. She leaves the company to pursue the next phase of her career.