- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Paras Sharma joins Viacom International Media Networks
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks has appointed Paras Sharma as MTV Brand, Comedy Central and Digital Media Asia VP.
Paras starts on 17 March and will be based in Singapore, reporting to executive VP, MD Indra Suharjono. In this newly expanded role, Paras will spearhead implementation of new strategies to drive synergies and grow the brands across the different lines of businesses and platforms in Asia.
Prior to VIMN, Sharma was Fox International Channels (Fic) VP, responsible for leading integrated marketing and communication programmes across 24 markets in Asia, overseeing Consumer, Affiliate & Trade Marketing, Corporate Communications, On-Air Promotions & Digital Media.
Paras has also worked in ad agencies including JWT and McCann Erickson, and handled a wide mix of global and national brands across categories including Citibank, MasterCard, adidas, Bacardi Martini, Pond’s, Nestle & Goodyear.
Paras replaces Sian Ju Tan. Serving her notice period, Tan has been part of the MTV family for over 18 years. She leaves the company to pursue the next phase of her career.