- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Pakistan’s Geo Super acquires Bangladesh cricket rights till 2020
MUMBAI: Sporty Solutionz, India’s leading sports media rights marketing company, has sub-licensed the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s media broadcast rights to Pakistan’s leading sports channel Geo Super.
The deal enables Geo Super to broadcast all international cricket hosted by the Bangladesh Cricket Board till 2020.
Pakistan team will travel to Bangladesh twice during the period of this contract, whereas India also visits twice to play cricket with its eastern neighbour.
Geo Sports also gets opportunity to offer Pakistan cricket fans the action involving cricketing power houses like Sri Lanka, Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand and West Indies as they all are set to visit Bangladesh till 2020. Bangladesh over the next six years will host 15 international series.
Star Sports holds the rights to broadcast Bangladesh cricket in India.
Sporty Solutionz CEO Ashish Chadha said, “We are proud of our association with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and Geo Super. BCB will host some of the best cricket, including tours by the Pakistan cricket team, during the course of this deal. I am sure this broadcast deal will usher a new era for cricketing ties between Bangladesh and Pakistan and for cricket lovers in Pakistan.”
Geo TV Network president Imran Aslam added, “Bangladesh cricket has always been special to the people of Pakistan, who admire the tenacity and fighting spirit of the Bengal Tigers. GEO Super, Pakistan’s first sports channel, is proud to be associated with Bangladesh Cricket and will provide a perfect platform for showcasing the sport and all its glorious uncertainties through state of the art production values.”