- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Oscars to be simulcast on Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD on 29 February
MUMBAI: The Oscars will be simulcast on Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD at 5:30 am and repeat at 8:30 pm on 29 February.
The Star English Movies cluster will celebrate the month of February as the Oscar month with stellar award-winning content. The anticipation began with the first ever telecast of 2016 nominations on Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD on 14 January at 8.30 pm where the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the contenders for the best achievements in filmmaking throughout 2015.
The grand story of the Oscar month will begin with three of the biggest movie premieres that will be simulcast on Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD. February 6th witnessed the TV premiere of the most critically acclaimed that won the Best picture in 2015 – ‘Birdman’. This will be followed by the TV Premiere of ‘Into the Wood’s starring Meryl Streep on 13 February at 6:30 pm and ‘Wild’ premiering on 20 February at 6.30 pm.
Beautiful stories that were celebrated by the Academy with nominations and wins in multiple categories will be showcased as a part of “Celebrating the Oscars” festival from 14-28 February every day at 6:30 pm with movies like ‘Gone Girl’, ‘The Grand Budapest’, ‘Black Swan’, ‘The Sound of Music’ and ‘Braveheart’ on Star Movies Select HD.
Star Movies will showcase blockbusters with “Oscar Fever” from 15-27 February at 6.30 pm with movies like ‘Life of Pi’, ‘Aliens’, ‘Titanic’, ‘Die Hard ‘ and ‘Gladiator’.
Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD will keep the fervour of The Oscars through the day of the live telecast on 29 February with some of the academy’s most celebrated titles between live airing at 5:30 am and repeat at 8:30 pm.
The celebrations of the Oscars will continue with the “After Party” the next day on Star Movies and Star Movies Select HD that will showcase moments from the biggest Hollywood party.
The 88th Academy Awards will be presented at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.